Long Arm Quilting Services
We know that a lot of hard work goes into finishing a quality quilt top, so our number one goal is to complete your quilt top with beautiful quilting! We thank you for the opportunity in helping to make your quilt top a beautiful work of art!
Quality batting is available in the following options:
- Warm & Natural
- Quilter’s Dream
Charge for seaming the batting is a $12 per seam.
Most people usually provide the backing for us to use, however, if you don’t have backing available, we can provide a backing to compliment your quilt top. We carry 108” wide backing fabric, providing you a seamless back at a lesser cost. Pricing will depend on the backing you select and the yardage.
Your backing needs to be 8” wider and 8” longer than the quilt top. There is an additional charge for us ironing and seaming the back, or any other work necessary before quilting.
Since there are so many types and colors of thread to choose from, we will consult with you on what would work best and compliment your quilt top. Cost is $1.60 per bobbin. Additional charges apply for multiple thread colors on one quilt.
For a typical quilt, thread charges are approximately $6-$8 for an overall Edge-to-Edge pattern using one color.
We offer three binding services options:
- You provide the binding fabric, we make the binding and machine-sew on the front with mitered corners. Cost is .10 cents per linear inch.
- You provide the binding fabric, we make the binding and machine-sew on the front corners and then hand-sew the binding on the back for .25 cents per linear inch.
- Custom Binding – you would still provide the binding fabric, and we will make the binding and machine sew on the front with mitered corners, and provide other embellishments to the front and/or the back using piping, cording, double binding. Pricing is figured on a case by case basis.
If we are not handling the binding for your completed quit, we can trim them for you for $15. You let us know how you like it trimmed–either at the edge, or ¼” beyond the edge for batting fullness in your binding.
- Your quilt top should be trimmed down to its final finished size. We will not cut or trim a quilt top.
- Check to make sure that all seams are secure. You should stay stitch around your entire quilt to ensure that seams do not pull apart.
- Use one safety pin to mark the top of your quilt.
- Remove any excess threads as well as pins, buttons and other embellishments.
- Your quilt top must lay flat. Measure your quilt top across the top, bottom & at the center. All 3 of these measurements should be the same. If not, there’s a possibility that you will get puckering in your completed quilt.
- Quilt top and backing fabric needs to be fully pressed, and all seams should also be pressed flat.
- Quilt top must be clean and free of any odors.
- Batting and backing must be at least 6”-8” larger than the quilt top and backing must be square.
- Your quilt top and backing must be brought in as separate layers.
- Our number one concern is for the proper care & safety of your quilt while in our shop.
- Quilts can’t be left at our shop without going through the check-in process.